Thursday 13 December 2012

For our first assignment myself and my media class where given the task of making a school magazine. This consisted of research such as learning about the conventions of other school magazines and different camera angles and shots we would be using for the main cover image. This also required us to play around with Photoshop as this was the selected software we were given to create the magazine.

I found using photoshop very challenging as it was an unfamilair programme to me. I found it difficult to get to grips with the different layers and fonts and colour schemes. I have made magazines in the past using publisher which turned out a great success but the software is more basic. Through my expereince with photoshop I feel that I have learnt how to use appropriatlety one of the most complex photo editing packages as this is the software that media professionals use.


Here is my complete preliminary task (top) and below it is the magazine that I researched.

The preliminary task consisted of producing the front page of a new school/college magazine, featuring a photograph of a student in medium close up plus some appropriatley laid out text and a masthead (the main title of the magazine 'change').

It is clear to see that the magaizne below is more professional as it has certain features such as an issue number and a school website.

I tried to make mine a bit more unique by adding the paper effect as it is a representation of 'school life' (as it shows typical stationary in schools around the country). I also used a multi coloured paint splat behind my Masterhead to represent the title of my magazine which is 'change' and I felt like the different colours could be a representation of the different opportunities and obstacles that come along with starting sixth form/college. I also used bright colours as I wanted it to be livley and appeal to the young audience. 
I hope to learn some more about the music codes and conventions for the new music magazine I will be making over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment